Welcome to the second issue of the IMSA Math Journal, an official publication of the Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy. The purpose of the IMSAMJ i s to communicate through mathematics with both students and teachers. Some of our goals include:
- Presenting teaching insights, lessons, problems.
- Sharing mathematical ideas, mathematical teaching ideas, observations, approaches, connections, extensions, generalizations of interest to students and teachers of mathematics.
- Featuring mathematics problems for both in the classroom and outside the classroom, i.e. math contests, math competitions, etc.
- Discussing and sharing the role of technology including calculators and computers in the instruction and learning of mathematics.
- Sharing our experiences as educators as w e strive t o help students construct mathematical meaning through an integrative inter- and intra-disciplinary set of learning experiences.
Excerpt: Letter from the Editors
Illinois Math and Science Academy, "IMSA Math Journal: a Resource Notebook for High School Mathematics" (1993). IMSA Math Journal. 2.