As a result of the diversity plan implementation, the following took place:
- Conducted a Student Diversity Climate Assessment in the Residence Halls examining the issues of race, sexual orientation, sex and gender/gender identity, completed by 536 /642 students; followed by two diversity interventions and an Implicit Association Test,
- Facilitated two sessions with faculty and staff that included sharing the results of the Diversity Climate Assessment, listening to Peer Multicultural Educators tell stories of IMSA students’ social injustices/micro-aggressions and strategizing on how to resolve issues,
- Implemented four Read-Ins that promoted LGBTQ, Indian, Asian and Black literature in collaboration with the IRC, English Department, Science Department, Social Science Department, World Languages Department and the President’s Office,
- One Science Faculty member is developing a curriculum that examines epidemiology from a social justice perspective to be integrated in Physiology and Disease Course,
- One Mathematics Faculty integrated nine diversity focused assignments in the Computer Science Course,
- Enhanced Diversity-Focused External Community relations by conducting a Social Justice: Diversity, Equality and Inclusion Training for Kane County Regional Office of Education, co-sponsoring a STEAM Camp with DuPage County NAACP, North Central College, Northwestern University and Elite Chess, facilitating race dialogues with the YWCA, partnering with Caterpillar and Aurora Quad City Urban League to implement First Lego League, and co-sponsoring a STEM Leadership Day for City of Aurora African American Heritage Advisory Board youth,
- Updated the Disability Policy.
Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, "Diversity Plan: Academic Year 2015/2016 Status Report" (2016). Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Resources. 4.